Moo Goo Gai Pan
– 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit-size cubes
– salt and pepper
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups water
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 5 tablespoons corn oil
– 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 4 lb. bok choy or Chinese white cabbage, chopped
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 4 tablespoons soy sauce
– 6 scallions, chopped
– Heat 3 tablespoons of corn oil in a wok and stir in mushrooms, bok choy/cabbage and sugar for couple minutes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from wok.
– Heat remaining corn oil in wok. Stir?fry chicken for couple minutes over high heat. Add soy sauce and mix well. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes, or until the chicken is well-cooked.
– Mix in the cooked vegetables and scallions. Stir fry together for about a minute. Moo Goo Gai Pan is better served hot with brown or white rice.